Détails de l'opportunité
Domaines concernées par cette opportunité: Éducation et 1 autre(s) domaines
Job Type: Full Time
Posting date: 13/07/2021
The American Corners in Tunis and Sousse are binational centers co-sponsored by Amideast and the U.S. Embassy. They serve as English language libraries and cultural centers designed to share information a bout the United States, promote foreign exchange programs and American higher education, help to improve English language skills, and organize cultural events.
The Coordinator’s primary role is to oversee all library operations, plan and host a wide variety of free, engaging cultural programs, and work closely with Amideast staff to provide accurate information for Tunisians about the United States, including educational opportunities. The applicant should be well-informed about American society and culture and be able to share diverse themes with the Tunisian public through daily cultural activities. The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, customer service, tutoring/teaching, and management/administration. This position’s salary is expected to be 2,000 TD/month. The desired start date is October 1st, 2021.
- Plan and host weekly activities: free English conversation hours, guest speakers, workshops, presentations, free film screenings, etc.
- Plan and host special events and programs
- Promote American Corner events and programs
- Maintain American Corner website and social media
- Set and implement AC guidelines in order to maintain structure of educational and cultural space
- Update the U.S. Embassy/Amideast administration on weekly events and write reports detailing those activities and events
- Attend regular virtual meetings with the Cultural Affairs team at the U.S. Embassy
- Provide monthly activity report for Amideast & U.S. Embassy
- Assist and cooperate with the EducationUSA Adviser on outreach activities
- Assist the EducationUSA Adviser and Exchange Programs Department holding special topic sessions related to studying in the US in the American Corner/ EducationUSA library (occasionally). This may also include:
- Assist Competitive College Club members with essay editing and application assistance
- Explain college and graduate school application processes to different visitors
- Discuss scholarship and fellowship opportunities with prospective applicants
- Manage the physical space of the AC ensuring that it is clean and well-organized.
- Track use of all equipment and AC assets ensuring proper use, maintenance and accountability.
- Produce AC membership badges and manage the flow of patrons effectively and ensuring safety and security standards are adhered to.
- Maintain basic library functions: checking books/DVDs in and out, processing new materials, shelving returned materials, processing new memberships
- Maintain a balanced environment of a study, reading, and socializing space
- Help patrons with research, including helping them find quality resources
- Facilitate cultural understanding
- Proof –read documents for patrons
- Significant experience living or studying in the USA (including via exchange programs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (from a U.S. university is a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, plus French and/or Arabic proficiency
- Demonstrated interest in international education and cross-cultural exchange
- Experience working in a customer service context
- Experience with event-planning and managing educational programs