Duty Station: Tunis (with possibility of travel throughout Tunisia)
Duration: 12 months
Subject: Assistant Information Manager
Starting date: ASAP
The Innovation and Planning Agency is looking for an assistant information manager (w/m/d) to support the “Basta Harraga Project” (BHP) in Tunisia. The BHP is supported by the European Commission’s Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) and the Austrian Foreign Ministry and will be implemented as of March 2021 by EB projektmanagement GmbH (EBP) in Austria through its implementing partner Innovation and Planning Agency Switxboard SUARL (IPA switxboard) in Tunisia.
The BHP tries to establish direct contact and involvement of Tunisian and third country migrants to better care for those in particular need of protection and to ensure access to help. The target groups are assisted with psychosocial support counseling and safe spaces, facilitating reintegration in their country of origin, information and legal services in Tunis, Sousse, Sfax and Zarzis. It is further hoped that alternative solutions and perspectives can be developed to counteract irregular migration
Under the supervision of the National Information Manager, the assistant information manager is expected to support the project team in the country-wide systemized data collection and follow-up for processing and management purposes. The ideal candidate combines technical competences with interpersonal communication skills and has a detailed systematic work attitude.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry and obtain further information for incomplete documents when necessary
- Data entry, Data cleaning.
- Data accuracy checking (with possibility of travel throughout Tunisia)
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Administrative tasks (organize meeting when needed, minutes of meeting, etc.)
Key Competencies and Skills
- Basic understanding of databases.
- Information collection and management.
- Problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Social engagement / interest in migration issues is desirable.
- Driving license is desirable.
Education and Experience
- Relevant diploma, degree in a computer-related subject (or social science with relevant technical IT / database skills)
- Good Computer Skills (e.g., database/ spreadsheet management, etc.)
- Entry level position / Junior position
- Arabic, French and English
- Competitive salary according to qualifications.
- 12 months contract.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are invited to send no later than 7 th of March 2021 a motivation letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Assistant Information Manager” in subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that contact information that you will indicate in your application is accurate.