Détails de l'opportunité
Domaines concernées par cette opportunité: Développement local
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global .
The DOC Specialist reports to the Supervisory Program Officer. The DOC Advisor will frequently directly interact with the Mission Director, the Head of the Embassy’s Public Affairs Section and the Press Attaché as well as with the Press and Public Affairs officers of other governments, Government of Tunisia entities, local and international business and international and national NGOs operating in Tunisia. He/she will help to plan and directly support press events and trips involving the participation of the U.S. Ambassador, the Deputy Chief of Mission, USAID leadership, and visiting VIPs
S/he must be able to work constructively across team structures in a fast-paced, working environment often driven by tight deadlines and new requirements. S/he must demonstrate initiative and creativity, have the ability to clearly guide the outreach efforts of USAID’s implementing partners, produce accurate, timely and well-written products with minimal supervision, and have the knowledge and skills needed to provide communications oversight and conduct training on best communications practices for USAID staff and implementing partners. In addition, s/he must be a skilled “story-teller”, capable of identifying and using appropriate communications tools and channels including video clips, social media, and targeted written pieces for USAID/Tunisia Mission and Embassy platforms and publications. The DOC Specialist must also be well-versed in the strategic objectives of the Embassy and how USAID’s work in country supports achievement of these objectives.
Substantial reliance is placed on the DOC Specialist’s experience and judgment regarding all aspects of outreach activities. The employee must identify, react to and interpret changing priorities and circumstances in the local and international media and provide guidance on how these shifts affect the work of the USAID Mission and Embassy. The need to exercise good judgment carries over into communication with Washington stakeholders, including through speeches, cables, or other similar documents, as well as in the sphere of social media, as he/she will be posting regularly on behalf of the United States Government.
The DOC Specialist’s experience and managerial skills will be brought to bear on a daily basis as USAID Mission Management, AORs/CORs and implementing partners flood the DOC Office with questions regarding USAID assistance and with requests for advice and clearances. The DOC Specialist must plan his/her work schedule independently and assist colleagues to focus and prioritize key actions that are needed to amplify USAID’s message effectively. The DOC Specialist also serves as the Mission’s “Branding Champion” and will be required to ensure full understanding and compliance with USAID and Embassy requirements.
- The DOC Specialist is the lead Mission Communications and Outreach Officer and provides leadership and support to all Mission offices; S/he is the primary interlocutor with the Embassy’s Public Affairs Officer and staff and serves as the Mission’s point of contact with the U.S. and international media and Washington-based stakeholders on communications-related matters, or as directed by the Mission leadership;
- The position requires constructive and regular contacts within the U.S. interagency in Tunisia and Washington, Tunisian and international representatives, and USAID implementing partners;
- The DOC Specialist develops, updates, and implements a comprehensive communications and outreach strategy that promotes USAID’s activities to external and internal audiences;
- The DOC Specialist plays a key role in identifying communications’ objectives, messages, audiences, products, and budgets, and develops plans in coordination with USAID managers and technical teams consistent with USAID/Tunisia’s development strategy and the overall Embassy communications goals;
- The strategy is used to inform USAID’s implementing partners on the selection, targeting, and placement of materials to raise awareness of USAID activities in Tunisia.
- DOC Specialist to ensure that outreach activities are cost-effective, well-targeted, well-defined, visually appealing, and contain human interest elements;
- The DOC Specialist guides the work of implementing partners to achieve maximum exposure and understanding of U.S. assistance efforts and initiatives in Tunisia, as defined by the Chief of Mission, USAID Mission Director, and the USAID Middle East Bureau in Washington D.C.
- To operationalize the communications strategy, the DOC Specialist will put in place policies and procedures for Mission communications that clarify roles and responsibilities within the Mission, the Embassy, and with implementing partners including review and/or development of templates for various communications tools, standards for creating and finalizing communications materials, and guidelines for planning and managing events. This should take place while taking into consideration Embassy approaches in the area of strategic communications.
Visibility Products and Materials: 40%
- The DOC Specialist coordinates with PAS in Tunis to ensure that the Embassy is properly appraised of USAID public outreach activities in Tunisia
- S/he also serves as a liaison with the USAID/Middle East Bureau’s Communications team in Washington,
- The DOC Specialist collects input, edits, and prepares information for use through a range of USAID products and platforms tailored to target audiences and manages the procurement and distribution of communications materials related to USAID foreign assistance in Tunisia;
- The DOC Specialist serves as a liaison for information requests coming from Washington. The DOC Specialist drafts, formats and updates high-quality public information materials such as briefers, talking points, speeches, portfolio fact sheets, and Mission website content and maps for USAID or Embassy leadership;
- S/he writes, solicits, reviews, and prepares an array of success stories, articles and blog submissions for USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Washington platforms;
- S/he manages social media platforms in coordination with the Embassy Public Affairs Section (including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Flickr);
- The DOC Specialist must know how to use relevant software programs and social media to manage USAID Tunisia’s public-facing, online digital platforms;
- The DOC Specialist must also have the ability to highlight and communicate effectively the impact of the USAID/Tunisia bilateral portfolio through the use of photography, video and public presentations;
- The DOC Specialist is expected to know how to capture high-quality images and video footage that meet the standard of modern journalistic practice, and to edit those materials for use across USAID outreach platforms;
- The DOC Specialist ensures that the Mission is able to accommodate special outreach requests from the Middle East Bureau, LPA, and Presidential Initiatives at USAID/Washington, and the Embassy Public Affairs Section.
Media Relations: 20%
- In coordination with the Public Affairs Section, the DOC Specialist counsels the Mission Director and USAID staff on sensitivities and engaging with the local or international press;
- S/he works closely with PAS, who are the point of contact for U.S. and international media inquiries and is responsible for supporting USAID/Tunisia media activities, including monitoring media coverage on issues related to USAID activities in Tunisia;
- The DOC Specialist works with Embassy PAS to expand opportunities for coverage of USAID assistance, including TV, radio and other media;
- In coordination with the PAS, the DOC Specialist builds and maintains a professional network of media contacts interested in USAID activities in Tunisia;
- Responsibilities include arranging interviews with the USAID leadership, press-briefings, press-tours of USAID activities, and preparing USAID/Tunisia and visiting senior U.S. Government officials from USAID/Washington for interviews with the media;
- The DOC Specialist is responsible for writing and distributing press releases on program successes, project inaugurations, significant developments, etc, and following up with the media to encourage and support coverage of activities;
- S/he will coordinate with USAID leadership, USAID technical teams, Embassy’s PAS, and LPA to ensure local and international media requests for information are met with well-written, timely, and accurate responses.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field is required;
- Minimum five years (5) of progressively responsible experience in public relations, multimedia communications, communications outreach and/or journalism is required
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff;
- Excellent English language writing, editing and oral communication skills;
- Well-organized with an exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction
- An advanced degree in a relevant field; (Preferred)
- Fluent in Adobe Cloud, Microsoft Office, social media platforms and basic HTML code experience; (Preferred)
- Prior work experience in Tunisia. (Preferred)