Détails de l'opportunité
Requête nº: req14028
Intitulé de poste: – copy – copy
Secteur d’activité: Finances
Type de contrat: Régulier
Taux d’occupation: Plein temps
Ouvert aux expatriés:
Lieu de travail: Tunisia
Descriptif du poste
Background/IRC Summary: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leading non-profit humanitarian organization providing relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Job Overview/Summary: The Finance Assistant in Tunis Office assist the Senior Finance Officer- SFO performs the day-to-day finance operations in Tunis as well as for the Libya CP. Works under the supervision of the SFO to maintain and oversight the accounting operations to ensure that all finance operations in Tunis are performed in accordance with IRC and donors regulations and procedures.
· Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
· Cash custodian in Tunis office at Finance
· Reserve/prepare cash vouchers for Cash payments, share checks distribution plan with Supply chain/concerned staff on weekly basis.
· Following up on pending checks to be delivered to Vendors/Beneficiaries/Staff.
· Ensure accuracy of the data entry responsibilities as assigned.
· Update the cash and bank spread sheets on daily basis.
· Maintain the filing system of all finance records, make it available for internal / external audit review, and trace all documents (PRs, payments, checks, and service requests), Copying and scanning of documents as required.
· Scanning required documents for the intercompany charges and always updated.
· Keep up to date records for staff program advances, to be reported to Sr. Finance officer.
· Maintain Payment register for all payments received and payments returned, to make sure that there is no long outstanding payment as well as payments are not missed/lost in process.
· Focal person for All payments sent/received to/from Libya and to ensure that Libya process payments within given time period. Custodian of Check books, (preparation) and Issuance of Checks.
· Printing checks and makes sure accuracy of the checks details to minimize the voided checks.
· Following up on staff advances to be cleared before the month ends.
· Maintain accruals received from field offices and make sure payments are processed timely.
· Ensure Libya payroll bank transfers are processed timely and conducting the follow up needed with the banks.
· Proceed with Libyan payroll reconciliation and raise non reconciled items to the supervisor.
· Other support finance task as assigned by the supervisor.
· Assist the Senior Finance Officer with issues and provide documentation as required by our Banks in Tunis
· Assist the SFO of data entry and setup payments on the internet banking for final review and approval
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:
Senior Finance Officer
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institution
- Work Experience: up to two years of finance or accounting experience
- Language: required to be fluent in Arabic, and a very good in English both written and spoken.
- Computer literate with experience in Excel, accounting system / ERP working experience is a plus.