Description de l'offre
The USAID-funded Visit Tunisia Activity is a 5-yearproject designed to enhance Tunisia’s tourism potential, with the goal ofgenerating revenue and jobs, particularly for women and youth, and forpopulations in underserved regions of the country. The overall vision behindUSAID’s investment in Tunisia’s tourism sector is to capitalize on Tunisia’snatural, cultural, heritage and historical sites to develop a more diversifiedand high-quality tourism sector that contributes to broad-based economicgrowth. Through this activity, USAID seeks to contribute to Tunisia’s growthand development to offset the negative economic impact of the coronaviruscrisis.
The Partner Engagement Specialist will supportimplementation of different projects and partnerships with local tourismpartners in an assigned technical or target geographic area under which the VisitTunisia Activity will work. The target geographic regions are still to beconfirmed, but potential target regions include thefollowing areas: Djerba, Dahar, Kairouan, Sousse, Tabarka, and Tozeur. VisitTunisia anticipates having two regional offices, likely in Tozeur and Tabarka,and the main office will be located in Tunis. The Partner EngagementSpecialist’s primary work location will be one of these regional offices locatedin one of these target regions (ie Tozeur, Tabarka), though regular travel toTunis may be required, to liaisewith the Visit Tunisia technical team based in the project’s main office. The project anticipates having two PartnerEngagement Specialists in each office – Tozeur, Tabarka, and Tunis. Ideally, thespecialists will be from one of the target geographic areas (Djerba, Dahar,Kairouan, Sousse, Tabarka, and Tozeur) in which s/he will work, and will havean existing knowledge of the local tourism industry and strong relationshipsand networks within that area. Thespecialist will serve as a client relationship manager with private sectortourism partners and public authorities, with the goal of strengthening thecapacity of these tourism partners, facilitating public private dialogue, and strengtheningcollective efforts to develop, manage, and market specific destinationsdesigned to enhance Tunisia's tourism sector. S/he will be responsible foridentifying potential tourism partners and emerging sectors and opportunitiesin which the project can work. The specialist will liaise directly with theprivate sector to co-create technical assistance and establish collaborativerelationships in line with project objectives and complementary to the work occurringunder the project, grants, and infrastructure funds. The PartnerEngagement Specialist will serve as theVisit Tunisia Activity’s representative and liaison with these tourism partners,sourcing and negotiating Visit Tunisia’s technical assistance which will be codifiedin partnership agreements. The specialist will oversee implementation of thepartnership agreements, liaising with the Tunis-based technical leads,consortium partners, subcontractors, and short-term consultants to deliver theagreed upon assistance to tourism partners.
· Identify emerging tourism development opportunitiesin which the project can work and liaise with the private sector to co-createtechnical assistance and establish collaborative relationships.
· Conduct outreach to local communities andthe tourism industry in target geographic areas to identify new opportunities(and existing challenges) for tourism industry stakeholders.
· Source, communicate and negotiatetechnical assistance to potential tourism partners (public, private, NGOs,etc.) to organize and disseminate value-added partnerships and assistance thatenhance Tunisia's tourism sector;
· Serve as the Visit Tunisia Activity’srepresentative and liaison with these tourism partners;
· Draft and manage partnership agreementswhich describe the technical assistance details and goals that will be providedto selected tourism partners, including the commitment and contributions of theVisit Tunisia Activity, and the partner’s commitment;
· Oversee the implementation of the VisitTunisia Activity’s agreed-upon technical assistance as detailed in thepartnership agreements (through short-term technical assistance, supportthrough grants or subcontracts, or other mechanisms); ensure that both parties honorthe agreed-upon contributions under the partnership agreement.
· Facilitate reporting and data collectionfrom our tourism partners, to feed into the project’s monitoring, evaluation,and reporting systems.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred incommunications, marketing, business administration, economics, or relatedfield;
· At least 5 years’ experience working in client facing positionswithin the tourism industry; experience providing business advisory services preferred;
· Experience in local and regional tourism development stronglypreferred, including but not limited to working with tour guides, touroperators, travel agents, artisans, cultural heritage sites or museums, tourismexperience providers, accommodation providers, hospitality industry, etc.
· Strong network of tourism private and public sector stakeholders inthe target geographic region (including one or more of the following areas: Djerba,Dahar, Kairouan, Sousse, Tabarka, and Tozeur), including tourism businesses,trade associations (Fi2T, FTH, etc.), regional government, and potentialinvestors;
· Possesses soft skills including a client friendly attitude, an innovativeand creative mindset, and ability to create strong professional relationships;
· Experienced in working with IT tools such as databases, reportingsystems, and email
communications/client management, responsive on email
· Preferably holdsproject management experience specifically within designing and monitoringprojects and developing reports;
· Experience working with a diverse team of employees andconsultants;
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills,pro-activeness, and client management;
· Fluency in English, French, and Arabic is required.
The Partnership Engagement Specialist will report to the USAID/Visit Tunisia Tourism product lead
6. LEVEL OF EFFORT ANDPERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
This position is long-term, on a full-timebasis.
7. LOCATION OF THEASSIGNMENT
The Partner Engagement Specialist’s primarywork location will be in a Visit Tunisia regional office located in oneof these to be determined target regions, most likely Tozeur (2specialists) and Tabarka (2 specialists). The project may determine a need tohave up to 2 specialists based out of the project’s main office in Tunis, butpreference will be given to candidates who are from one of the target regionsand willing to work from one of the regional offices. Regular travel to Tunis may be required, to liaisewith the Visit Tunisia technical team based in the project’s main office inTunis. The office maintains a five-day work week. Overtime is notauthorized.
8. TO APPLY
Please follow below URL link to apply: