Détails de l'opportunité
STARTING DATE As soon as possible
Center for Human Right Defenders Association (CHRDA) Is an independent regional non-governmental organisation. CHRDA aims at promoting rights of Human rights Defenders and vulnerable population, analysing the difficulties facing the application of International Human Rights Law and disseminating Human Rights Culture in the Arab Region as well as engaging in a dialogue between cultures. A crucial part of CHRDA’ mandate is to help shape the understanding of the most pressing human rights defenders concerns within the region and then to coordinate and mobilise the key players and NGOs from across the Arab world to work together towards solutions.
Furthermore, CHRDA is an HRD’s network; working on supporting, empowering and protecting HRDs. CHRDA emerged from the need to find a space for Jurists outside their country, especially with the outbreak of armed conflict targeting defenders and activists; attacks and abuses sometimes reached the limit of assassinations.
The Project Assistant provides support to the team and in particular to the Project coordinator for the implementation of HRDs program.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in monitoring the situation of Libyan defenders and mapping.
Assist in drafting press releases, regular news bulletin, urgent appeals and other advocacy efforts aimed at improving the protection of Libyan defenders.
Facilitate advocacy campaigns and communication.
Assist in the design and delivery of training in capacity building on security of information, IT& network security, proper documentation, networking and advocacy campaigns.
Draft minutes and events reports.
Organize logistics of meetings, workshops, pieces of training and seminars.
- A university degree in (Human Rights, social sciences, International Relations or related area of studies).
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong understanding of the sociopolitical context of Libya.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.itment to universal human rights.
- Willingness and ability to work extra hours (sometimes during weekends), able to work in harsh, unstable and difficult conditions, independently and in a team.
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English, working knowledge of French an asset